Jefferson County Historical Society and Museum [New York]
The Society operates a museum in the historic Paddock Mansion in downtown Watertown, New York. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, the mansion was formerly the home of local banker Edwin L. Paddock and his wife, Olive. The home was designed in the Eastlake tradition by architect John Hose, and combined Tuscan Villa elements "for him" and Swiss Chalet "for her." It was built between 1876 and 1878 by John Griffin. Mrs. Olive Paddock bequeathed the home to the Society in 1922, and it was opened as a museum in 1924. The museum contains both Paddock family and local history exhibits, spread throughout three floors and within three outbuildings.
The museum offers exhibits, tours, lectures, research library access and educational and recreational programs.