Ulysses S. Grant Home
The Italianate structure known as the U. S. Grant Home was built in 185960 as a residence by Alexander J. Jackson of Galena. When Ulysses S. Grant returned to the city in 1865 as a Civil War hero, he was presented the house as part of the city's celebration. All of the rooms are decorated and furnished to represent the mid-1860s. Many of the furnishings belonged to the Grant family.
The site offers exhibits, tours, and occasional recreational and educational events.