Pebble Hill Plantation [GA]
The Pebble Hill Plantation is a cotton plantation dating to circa 1827. The current 1936 main residence was erected after the original home suffered a fire. The interior has been restored with 19th century furnishings and decorative arts. Collection highlights include Audubon lithographs and a strong collection of sporting art. The grounds contain animal shelters, a tack room, carriage room, pump house, nurse's station, firehouse, carpenter's shop, dog hospital, kitchen garden, 1901 log cabin school, and gardens designed in the 1920s and 1930s.
The plantation offers an introductory video, exhibits, period rooms, self-guided grounds tours, guided house tours, art gallery tours, group tours, a picnic area, and snack vending. The house tour narrative is available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese. Reservations are required for group tours and art gallery tours. Catered picnic lunches can be arranged for groups. The website offers historical photographs