Historical Society of Cheshire County and Wyman Tavern [NH]
The Society offers a wide variety of activities for all ages throughout the year. At its home, the former Ball Residence, are housed the Society's museum exhibits, library, and archives. Museum exhibits include research-level collections of glass, pottery, and other locally produced items, along with a regular schedule of temporary feature exhibits. The Society also operates the Wyman Tavern. Built by Captain Isaac Wyman in 1762, it was initially used as a tavern for 40 years. The Reverend Zadekiah Barstow, the last settled minister by the town, made the tavern his home for the next 55 years. It is now maintained as a period house museum representing the period from 1770 to 1860.
The museum offers exhibits, tours, educational programs, research library access, and occasional recreational and educational events; the Tavern offers tours, educational programs, and occasional recreational and educational events (including living history events).