Nantucket Fire Hose Cart House [MA]
The Fire Hose Cart House is the last remaining 19th century firehouse on Nantucket Island. The structure was built in 1886, and was in service for well over a half century. The structure was acquired by the Nantucket Historical Association in 1960. Today, visitors to the museum can view a variety of vintage firefighting equipment, including some rare equipment relating to the great fire of 1846.
The site offers brief historical and visitor information regarding the Hose Cart House. In addition, the site is part of the greater website of the Nantucket Historical Association, and so offers library access, information about the rest of the association's historical properties, and information regarding upcoming events. In order to contact the historical association via email, use the "contact us" link located on the bottom left of the webpage.