Rock Creek Park [DC]
The Park includes the Peirce Barn and Mill and Old Stone House. Peirce Barn and Mill were built in the 1820s, and operated commercially until 1897. The U.S. Government acquired the mill as part of Rock Creek Park in 1892. The Old Stone House, one of the oldest known structures remaining in the nation's capital, is a simple 18th-century dwelling built and inhabited by common people.
NOTE: The Peirce Mill is currently closed for restoration.
The site offers tours, educational programs, and occasional recreational and educational events; the Old Stone House offers tours; the Peirce Barn offers tours.