- Chicago (Ill.) Police Dept. Veterans of the Haymarket Riot, Parade banner of Veterans of the Haymarket Riot, 1895 (accessed July 27, 2009).
- Ulysses S. Grant, National Eight Hour Law: Proclamation, 1870 (accessed July 14, 2009).
- Library of Congress, Chicago Anarchists on Trial: Evidence from the Haymarket Affair, 1886-1887 (accessed July 14, 2009).
- Michigan State University, Historical Voices, Remembering the Flint Sit-down Strike (accessed July 14, 2009).
- University of Virginia Library, Historical Census Browser (accessed July 14, 2009).
- University of Washington, Seattle General Strike Project (accessed July 14, 2009).
United We Stand: Industry and Famous Strikes
As the work of another school year begins, Labor Day reminds us to honor the nation's workers. Since the rise of industry, workers have used strikes and other forms of protest to demand change and recognition. Select the correct answer for each of the labor-related questions below.