The overarching question in designing sustainable professional development should be:
In what ways can teachers successfully incorporate the content, tools, and methods encountered in this professional development experience into their daily teaching?
Questions a coordinator should ask about their post-visit follow-up include:
- How can we continue communicating with content providers?
- What materials or resources can content providers offer for use in the classroom?
- Can teachers successfully create teaching activities based on the experience? If not, what do I need to do to help?
- How can I create an environment for teachers to share ideas?
- How can I assess the professional development experience?